Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun

This morning, as I was leaving the Holiday Inn Express (nice, comfy beds with wonderfully firm mattresses), I passed by the indoor pool. The lights weren't on, and there was just the grayest bit of lihght coming in from the new sun. I could just see dark sillhouettes, but it looked and sounded like a family -- 3 or 4 kids of elementary or middle school age and a grown-up or two.

I was very pleased that my first thought was "wow--wouldn't that be cool to be playing in a nearly-dark pool," and it was only my eighth or ninth thought that got to "wow--that's a lawsuit waiting to happen."

2 comments:

Steve H said...

I like it too when there was just the grayest bit of lihght coming in from the new sun. (Technically speaking I wonder if the sun qualifies as “new” when it’s 4.5 billion years old?)

Randman said...

I always stayed at HI Express when I traveled. Yummy breakfast, good cinnamon roles, and newer properties. Plus, HI has the best loyalty program!